MFA Musings: 8/19/19
To quote Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure “Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.”
- The 30-year US Treasury hit an all-time low, reaching 1.975%.
- The US Treasury yield curve officially inverted.
- The S&P 500 declined from a high of 3025 to 2888.
- The Detroit Lions are predicted to be 3 and 13….. enough said.
- McQueen Financial Announces its Industry and Economic Update: Budgeting for 2020 Webinar.
Last week I touched on margin compression based on US Treasury yields continuing to fall and thoughts of the FOMC lowering the Federal Funds rate. The result will be lower asset yields for everyone.
Uncertainty of the economic future is the only constant discussion that I hear and read in the news. It is easy to forget that a lot of the world is in a recession. Fortunately for us, the USA is still in an expansion. A slowing expansion, but still an expansion.
Please join us for our next webinar on September 11th at 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST. The presentation will provide interest rate, economic and industry predictions. This thought-provoking presentation will be hosted by me and presented by two of MFA’s seasoned industry veterans: Craig Sicilia and Dan Frilot. Please click on the presentation icon below to register.
Contact your MFA advisor to discuss ways to grow profitability with an inverted yield curve. All of us at McQueen Financial are dedicated to your long-term success.
Have a great week!