Happy July 8th:
A few fun facts:
- We are in the longest expansion recorded; we are ten years and eight days into this economic expansion.
- Jobs – from a bad report to now a good report (I am not surprised). The economy looks good.
Other thoughts of the day (new things to worry about or celebrate):
- Does anyone know all 19 Democrat presidential candidates’ names? I do not.
- There are a few cars stacking up on car dealer lots (according to the WSJ). Could it be that the sun finally came out and we are all at the beach?
- It is nearly impossible to find employees for the service industry.
On the economic front, the FOMC is still in the news way too much for my (and I am sure their) liking. The Fed Funds futures now point in the direction of two 0.25% rate cuts this year, down from three.
There is still a lot of unknowns, so don’t make a bet today.
Contact your MFA advisor to discuss ways to grow profitability with an inverted yield curve. All of us at McQueen Financial are dedicated to your long-term success.
Have a great week!